1. When or if I started shipping them:
I think as soon as Faith showed up. There was something so compelling to me about another Slayer, someone who knew what Buffy was going through. Kendra was too sheltered for me to get Buffy/Kendra subtext but Faith, come on, that girl just oozes the sex. As a friend said once “Faith would have chemistry with a coat rack” (Which inspired a story AND an icon). Buffy needed some fun after Angelus and Angel-angstfest. She needed to blow off steam. Enter Faith.
2. What I think their challenge is:
Oy vey, where to start. The problems are all Buffy shaped. Like her sexuality (though not a problem in the comics right!) And just the way she constructs her relationships. I think too, with Faith, she might not know what to do if Buffy dropped the “love” bomb. I think she’d run.
3. What makes me happy about them:
I really like hot girls making out. Okay no but really, Faith and Buffy are two sides of the same coin, light and dark, heads and tails, passion and purpose. What makes me happy is that they fit so well together. (Plus hot girls making out)
4. What makes me sad about them:
Again, that the writers didn’t go there. I think the subtext and attraction is fairly clear from Faith’s side but not on Buffy’s. And in the comics, if you were going to make her sleep with a fellow Slayer, why not Faith?
5. What moment I wish had never happened:
I wish Faith’s introduction had gone better. I still don’t understand, textually, why Joyce didn’t offer Faith a place to stay. Or Giles. Or Wes. What responsible adult allows a person under 18 to stay in a run down motel themselves? It makes zero sense to me. Of course, metatextually, I get it was neccessary to isolate Faith so she’d join The Mayor. I just don’t think it was done in a particularly believable way.
6. Who I’d be comfortable them ending up with, if not each other:
Oooh let’s see, Wes/Faith or Gunn/Faith would be my top two choices. I liked Robin/Faith too. I actually can see the merits of Faith/Giles too. For Buffy, it’s Buffy/Spike, Buffy/Riley, Buffy/Gunn, Buffy/Giles, or completely seriously here Buffy/Clem.
7. My happily ever after for them:
I’ve written fic but basically meeting up after Chosen, Buffy’s had time to bake and Faith is ready to eat that cookie. They kick ass patrolling every night and fuck like maniacs until the sun rises. And they both finally have found a place where they feel complete and belong.
- storyqdayx5d likes this
- helebette likes this
- rocknrolla4life reblogged this from xlivvielockex
- themedula reblogged this from xlivvielockex
- habberjammies likes this
- wastingdaylights said: Oh! Oh! You too liked Robin/Faith? Good. I thought I was the only one. Also FAITH/GUNN. I’d love to see that.
- wastingdaylights likes this
- alphabetizingsins likes this
- fuffylove likes this
- asspansy likes this
- thetopofthecity likes this
- thewaxlion likes this
- taco-bell-hooks likes this
- xlivvielockex posted this